Tuesday 26 August 2014

Babies Are Off-Limits: BET & Karrueche Apologize For Blue Ivy On-Air Joke

karruche
BET is in hot water again. On Monday afternoon’s airing of 106 & Park, special guest host Karrueche Tran gave a recap on Sunday night’s MTV VMAs during a segment called “Top Six Things Blue Ivy Thought About the VMAs.” Reading off a teleprompter, the No. 1 “thought” turned out to be a classless joke directed at Beyoncé and Jay Z’s daughter, Blue Ivy.
Continue here……


“I really did wake up like this because my parents never combed my hair,” said Karrueche, who quickly apologized after reading the quote. “Sorry, Blue! I love you.” Soon after, the quote turned social media into a frenzy, as Beyoncé ‘s enormous fanbase aka the BeyHive, fired back at Karrueche.
“The comments hurled at Karrueche on 
Twitter
 came in so rapidly and fast that she responded on her account. “Now y’all know I LOVE me some Beyoncé and Blue Ivy! I didn’t write this script y’all lol … I am definitely team #BeyHive.” Tran and her manager later issued an official apology following all the backlash.


Past two days have been extremely draining.. As I geared up for a big day for myself – hosting a live show.. I never expected things to turn out this way.. I apologize to any and everyone who felt offended in any way by the comments made by BET executed through me.. I would never disrespect anyone’s child in any way and anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Beyoncé. My comments have been in complete shambles.. yes I am human too and yes I do make mistakes.. But all this negativity and death wishes are quite a lot.. Definitely a lesson learned from here forth.. Again, on behalf of MYSELF, my sincerest apologies ❤️ #BeyHive”
On Tuesday afternoon, Stephen G. Hill, an executive at BET, issued his own apology via Twitter. In it he states a personal apology has been sent to Beyoncé and Jay Z, and action will be taken towards the person who wrote the joke to be told on-air. Currently, the moment is still available on BET’s website (25:05 mark of the show’s video).
While there’s no confirmation if this incident has played a part, but BET’s 106 & Parkwon’t be airing for the rest of the week. UPDATE: A rep for BET tells XXL that plans of106 & Park going on hiatus this week was planned way in advance. TMZ also notes Karrueche read the joke off a teleprompter without knowing the script that had been changed by producers at the last-minute. She never saw it beforehand, to look over what jokes would be said on live-air.
Bow Wow also took to Instagram to confirm the planned hiatus was planned long before.


No comments:

Post a Comment